Great Renovations - Agreed to do a job, then backed out at the last minute

Brooklyn, New York 5 comments

EAST END GREAT RENOVATIONS owners bob & bobbi miller, came to my home to give an est on regrouting, they were boasting how wonderful they were, how reliable and trustworthy as well. we agreed on the price, they agreed they would accept the job, and scheduled a day to come work. 2 days prior to the scheduled day of work, bobbi left a message on my phone saying "they accepted a bigger job and will not do mine, also they felt they could not successfully do a regrouting job?-and suggested i find another company." DO NOT HIRE THESE PEOPLE they are crazy, unprofessional, unreliable and a total waste of time.

Review about: Regrouting Job.

Comments

Defamation is a criminal/civil act - It encompasses both written statements known as LIBEL and spoken statements known as SLANDER - Defamation is and act of making untrue statements about another which damages his/her reputation.If the defamation is printed or broadcast over media it is slander and can easily lead to large money awards in court and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed.

Most states provide for a demand for the printed retraction of the defamation and only allow a lawsuit if there is no admission.

She should have known the Law before trying to hurt and slander hard working distinguished citizens of our community.Now her "small" job will probably cost her dearly

I just wanted to inform all who reads this, this is my reply to PISSED CONSUMER. A copy of this letter has been sent to the "consumer" and Pissed consumer.

A posting was made on your website from a "potential" client, however no contracts were signed, or deposits taken, so in fact she had NO dealings with East End Great Renovations Inc. our company. Yes we did meet with her and thought that she would be a liability to our company and we wished not to do business with her. I have written her a certified letter asking her to remove the derogatory and slandering remarks she made about our company. She has refused our letters.

I would imagine that a "consumer" would in fact actually have to engage in a business relationship to actually be called a consumer. If this person has not engaged in a business relationship with our company, she has no right to post as a consumer of ours. I believe this makes you liable as well, posting fabricated stories from a person who did not do business with us. I believe in the right of the consumer and I applaud you for what you are doing, however, I feel that there is many unfortunate business owners being slandered by hurtful "consumers". I know that you are not an arbitrating company, but there are ALWAYS two sides to every story, and I believe that you should do as the BBB does and do some sort of investigation before a hurtful remark is posted.

I rely heavily on my reputation in this industry, and one unfounded...

Sincerely,

Robert & Barbara Miller

East End Great Renovations Inc.

Who on earth is this person, who said Bob & Bobbie Miller of East End Great Renovations is "crazy,unprofessional, and unreliable, they obviously do not know the owners of the same company that have been servicing my home for the last 5 years. Good for them to walk away from a disaster before it happened.

I am a customer/client of East End Great Renovations and have been for several years.They have done numerous projects for me in my Westhampton home, over $40,000.00 worth.

In spite of this person's negative comments about Bob & Bobbie Miller, they are the MOST reliable, professional people I know, they run a fantastic business and have been in business a long time running, despite economic hard times.

That should speak for itself.Having foresight in this business of "crazy customers" is probably a gift in and of itself, sounds like to me they made the right decision.

I am the Owner/Operator of this company, East End Great Renovations.Yes, I did agree to do this job, however, I did not take a deposit on a $250.00 job because after inspection of this job, the owner's complaint was that there was a leak in an adjoining room downstairs and SHE was certain it was coming from her tile grout in her bathroom upstairs.

Upon inspection all tile grout and caulking were sound. I felt as though the leak was coming from someplace else and other potential contractors had also told her the same. After asking to see other areas of a possible leak, she insisted that this was the area the water was coming from.

She also wanted to know after re-grouting if the leak persisted, would we guarantee this work.We felt as though, this customer would be a liability and did not accept her job of $250.00- If you have any questions regarding our integrity, please visit Angie's List - East End Great Renovations reviews.

View more comments